After much 'thought', I've decided to name my blog as 'thought' itself!
I've read a book called "Thinking Physics is Gedanken Physics" by Epstein (Not Einstein! though it looks/sounds similar) Very impressive book, this book prompts us to 'think' instead of 'working-out' problems! It clearly states that , mathematics acts as a compliment to a problem but clearly it is not a substitute for pure thinking! Very true!
'Gedanke' is a German word which means "Thought". Hans Christian Ørsted & Ernst Mach used this word initially followed by Albert Einstein who used these words frequently for his Thought Experiments. In Relativity , the experiments cannot be conducted in labs, so Einstein used his brain as a lab to interpret some results, so it is called "Thought Experiment" .
I borrowed the word from them for my blog address!
Please feel free to post your "Thoughts"!
I've read a book called "Thinking Physics is Gedanken Physics" by Epstein (Not Einstein! though it looks/sounds similar) Very impressive book, this book prompts us to 'think' instead of 'working-out' problems! It clearly states that , mathematics acts as a compliment to a problem but clearly it is not a substitute for pure thinking! Very true!
'Gedanke' is a German word which means "Thought". Hans Christian Ørsted & Ernst Mach used this word initially followed by Albert Einstein who used these words frequently for his Thought Experiments. In Relativity , the experiments cannot be conducted in labs, so Einstein used his brain as a lab to interpret some results, so it is called "Thought Experiment" .
I borrowed the word from them for my blog address!
The second word "Sinthanai" (சிந்தனை) is a Tamil word which means the same "Thought"! . So, my blog name is gedanke-sinthanai.blogspot.com, though it sounds odd, I feel its different (my personal view!).
After all 'thinking' does not require any language!
But I will be writing in English & Tamil in this blog! Of course I've not learned German (a long-term dream) except for a crash course with an open university!
Please feel free to post your "Thoughts"!

impressive...!!!hop u ll write ur thots in common mans language!!i meant myself!!:)
ReplyDelete